Aggressive And Respected Indiana Trial Lawyers
- Civil Rights
- Business Litigation
- Legal Malpractice
- Property Rights Litigation
- Civil Trials and Appeals
- Harvard University Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- LL.M. - Law
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Speech
- Indiana, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1977
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Indianapolis American Inn of Court (President, 1997-1999)
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section (Co-Chair, Training the Advocate Committee, 1996-1999)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (Chair, CLE Board, 1998-2000)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Chair, Pre-Suit Mediation Committee, 1994-1997)
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indianapolis Law Club
- Indianapolis Downtown Rotary Club
- Indiana Super Lawyer, 2004 - 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006 - 2013
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated*
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Best Oralist, Ames Moot Court Competition, Harvard Law School, 1972
- Clarion DeWitt Hardy Scholarship Award for Forensic Attainment, Northwestern University
- The Winning Argument, co-author, ABA, 2001
- Learning The Craft, Litigation Journal, Spring, 1998
- Ethos and the Art of Argument, co-author, Litigation Journal, Fall, 1999
- Quality Practice Management: A Manual for Law Firms, co-author, IADC, 1995
- Law and Amateur Sports, editor, Ind. Univ. Press, 1982
- Classical Rhetoric and the Modern Trial Lawyer, Litigation
- Dennis Murray and James Massey v. Conseco, Inc. and Conseco Services, LLC, 2006 WL 3019404, 2006, 7th Cir.
- Brent E. Clary, Roger W. Bennett and Bennett, Boehning & Clary v. Lite Machines Corp., 850 N.E.2d 423, 2006, Ind. Ct. App.
- GKN Co. v. Starnes Trucking, Inc., 798 N.E.2d 548, 2003, Ind. Ct. App.
- Consolidated Rail Corp. v. Estate of Martin ex rel. Martin, 720 N.E.2d 1261, 1999, Ind. Ct. App.
- T.H. Landfill Co., Inc. v. Miami County Solid Waste Dist., 628 N.E.2d 1237, 1994, Ind. Ct. App.
- GKN v. Magness, 744 N.E.2d 397, 2001, Ind.
- Mayflower Transit, Inc. v. Ann Arbor Warehouse Co., Inc., 892 F.Supp. 1134, 1995, S.D.Ind.
- Scaggs v. Consolidated Rail Corp., 6 F.3d 1290, 1993, 7th Cir.
Classes & Seminars
- Class Actions: New Rules, New Decisions and Their Implications for Indiana Lawyers, Bench Bar Conference of the Indianapolis Bar Association, 2004
- Updates on Indiana Law, Indianapolis Law Club, 2004 to 2007
- Trying the Catastrophic Injury Case (Seminar Chair), ICLEF, 2003
- Battle of the Titans: Daubert Hearing, DTCI, 2000
- The Art of Argument, ABA, 1998
- Trial Advocacy, I.U. School of Law - Indianapolis (Adjunct Faculty), 1987 to 1990
- Trial Advocacy Skills Workshop, NITA, 1986 to 1989
- U.S. Marine Corps, Captain and Judge Advocate, 1973 to 1977
- Barnes & Thornburg, Associate, 1977 to 1979
- Indiana University, Assistant Professor of Law, 1979 to 1982
- Monroe County, Indiana, Prosecuting Attorney, 1983 to 1986
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.